THIS is the longest linkspam ever. At least a week's worth, and of course my busiest week ever is the week a slew of TV renewals, pick-ups, and cancellations were announced. I still have some straggler tabs that I haven't looked at yet, but this is getting out of control, so let's just hit post...Marvel links:
* How they did the sound effects
for Iron Man 3
* Still haven't seen it, so you tell me: did IM3 ruin the Mandarin
* Tony Stark is the new Captain America
? (Metaphorically, obviously.) I guess it's not that surprising that Cap would rub off on him quite a bit. (...heh heh)
* Joss talks more about Avengers
1 and 2, as does Kevin Feige.
* Even though Joss has already debunked the Marvel contract negotiations article (or at least the parts that were about him), the question of whether Avengers 2 needs Iron Man
creatively is an interesting one. Assuming, of course, I can set aside my immediate "BUT TONY/STEVE!!" reaction... lol. I'd rather have a Tony Stark-less Avengers 2
than recasting RDJ
* Another collection of hilarious RDJ quotes
. "I’d rather wake up in jail for a TB test than have to wake up another morning knowing I’m going to the set of US Marshals
." See, this is what makes him not seem like a total asshole when he talks about how awesome he is - because he's just as brutally honest when talking about the craptastic shit he's done.
* And another really long RDJ interview
. He talks a lot about his childhood and dancing in this one.
* Saoirse Ronan is apparently the "prototype" for Scarlet Witch
in Avengers 2
. The article also includes this piece of WTFery: the characters will be British "rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans." Because there are no actual
Eastern European actors in the world who could possibly play the roles? If they just want to make the characters British, whatever, but making them British so that actors don't have to play Eastern European is kind of ridonkulous.
* Who on earth thought dudes in tactical gear carrying assault weapons
was a good way to promote a movie? Even one with some connection to S.H.I.E.L.D.
* Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was officially picked up
for a full season, thereby becoming the early favorite for the Emmy for Longest Title of a TV Series. It also has a very shiny new logo
* With superhero movies doing so well, why are superhero TV series struggling so much
? And what does that mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.
* One more post-mortem for season 1
of The Americans
* The Americans
is promoting two of its cast members to series regulars
, though I don't think we should be any less worried about them possibly getting killed off.
is also promoting some folks to series regulars
* Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show (also starring Robin Williams) was picked up
. Alas, so was Margo Martindale's show, which means I guess we won't be seeing her much (or at all) on The Americans
* Parks and Recreation has been renewed
for a sixth season. Scandal, Suburgatory, Nashville
, and Revenge were all also renewed
* On the other hand, Smash was canceled
, as was Go On
. And this summer will be the last season for Burn Notice
* Since Kiefer Sutherland's show Touch
isn't coming back, apparently someone decided we need more 24
? So we may be getting another 13 episodes
* As if TVD and The Originals
weren't enough, Julie Plec has a THIRD series coming to the CW
next season. (Also: WOW Aimee Teegarden looks different with dark hair.)
* 10 things you didn't know about The Office.
Sadly, some of those casting ideas (Alan Tudyk as Michael Scott? An African American Pam? sound more awesome than the show we got.
* I haven't been watching Psych
this season, but Cary Elwes is coming back
* Who should play the Mother
on HIMYM? Do we even care anymore?
* Bryan Cranston was in town and talking politics
. Heisenberg for president?