* Anna Gunn is playing the female lead role
opposite David Tennant in that American remake of Broadchurch
(which, incidentally, is called Gracepoint
). It still seems silly to remake the same show over again, but honestly, if someone at Fox watched Broadchurch
and was like, "You know what? We should totally remake that, just so Anna Gunn can be in it!" I really can't fault them for their logic.
* James Marsters has written another Spike comic
. This interview is confusing, because the interviewer keeps talking about "season 6" when the description of the plot clearly places it after Spike gets his soul. Scott Allie clarifies
- it takes place during season 7.
* What to get the Breaking Bad fan
in your life for Christmas. And the Marvel fan.
* In related news, there's apparently a Hellmouth in Turkmenistan
* I am always a sucker for TV credits sequence mashups, but Orphan Black done Parks & Rec style
is doubly hilarious because ALL THE ACTORS ARE TATIANA MASLANY.
* Which Doctor Who companion are you?
I am Rory Williams. I feel like that's accurate?
* There really are a lot of similarities
and Game of Thrones
in the way men treat women, aren't there?
* IDK guys, the trailer for Muppets Most Wanted
doesn't really thrill me. I think it needs musical numbers and Jason Segel.
* How Friends paired up Monica and Chandler
* I never realized there were so many turtlenecks in Love Actually
* I don't watch Saturday Night Live
regularly, but when I do, Kate McKinnon is always flawless
* I'm not sure how I feel about Idris Elba playing Luke Cage
when he's already playing another role in the Marvel universe. Then again, Chris Evans, but aren't we pretending The Fantastic Four
* Haha, remember back in, like, early season 3 when Damon/Elena was crowned the 12-year-old idiot ship? (Sigh. Good times.) Well, they've officially been replaced by Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson's ridiculous bromance
. Also, Jen continues to be adorably nuts
on David Letterman
. (Also, girlfriend, you have my sympathies on the GI issues. BEEN THERE. POOPED THAT.)
* Aaron Paul pulls the best pranks ever
. I feel like he's told that meteor story before, but the cartoon illustrations really make it.
* Zachary Levi and Krysta Rodriguez are adorable as always
answering fan questions. THE INTERSECT IS FOR PORN OMG DYING. Also, you guys, I am going to see First Date
at Christmas woooo!
* A cat has been summoned for jury duty
in Boston. Your move, Florida.
* Best nutrition facts ever.
* Fun for my linguists: not one but two articles examining the influence of the Internet
on the English language. Because reasons
* The most WTF thing someone did
while hooking up. No lie, I laughed outrageously hard
at the ninja turtles one.